Product Design Manager, eCommerce
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.**
As a Product Designer Manager on the Ecommerce team, you will lead a team of designers and work on challenges a business owner might face while getting started, setting up, launching, and managing all aspects of selling online.
This position will require strategic thinking and leadership, with an opportunity to drive impact for millions of small businesses around the world. Ecommerce is an essential part of Square's ecosystem, and you will drive the product’s design and approach on features and services that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
We are looking for a designer who can both lead a team and work with cross functional partners to strategize and plan. Daily responsibilities will include hands on design work as well as providing feedback and direction to your team.
- At least (8) years of relevant professional experience
- Led a team of 3 or more designers
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for the success of
- Led teams that have contributed to high impact projects for your company
- You work with your team to form ideas that contribute to roadmaps and strategy
- You question and work with leadership peers to form solutions or drive next steps to unblock the team
- You critically compare the cost of taking principled risks against extending project timelines for research and validation, working with your team to instill confidence in decisions
- You are part of conversations about improving the processes and health of your team
- You help create the vision for a product through the work of your team, and often deliver your own high-level designs
- You have an effective hiring process and have scaled a team
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources