Product Designer (Intern)
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square POS, Square Stand and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for remote Product Design interns for 12-week summer opportunities. Our focus is to solve complex needs for sellers of all types and sizes by creating experiences that are intuitive, refined, and scalable. We pride ourselves on rethinking established paradigms and redefining elegance in software. Designers at Square take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.
- Work with our versatile team to conduct research, design solutions, mock up and prototype new ideas
- Present work and progress to our partners
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, studying graphic design, human-computer interaction, or industrial design and have at least one semester of course work remaining
- Interest in—and passion for—turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
- Interest in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Interest in conducting customer research, including usability tests
- Familiarity with creating interactive prototypes
- Background in motion design and related software
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources