Finance and Strategy Analyst - FP&A
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
We are looking for an Analyst to support the business with a mandate that focuses on finance processes, systems, and data scale with Square's growth. You will partner directly with other finance team members on important elements of operational execution such as procurement, team and company headcount management, and management reporting. You will help guide process efficiencies within the finance team. We are open to having this position be full-time remote but you will need to be in the Pacific or Mountain timezones.
- Manage and centralize important operational aspects of the finance team, including areas related to:
- Management reporting: you will perform analysis and provide insight for regular variance to budget reporting and support key budget and investment decisions.
- Headcount management: Square's largest financial investment is in its people; you will coordinate with business, recruiting and HR partners to manage detailed headcount planning efforts.
- Procurement: you will partner closely with business areas to manage bottoms-up budget builds and tracking to budget.
- Demonstrate a mindset of continuous improvement to improve efficiency within F&S and improve business partnering across Square.
- Collaborate to guide important initiatives such as process improvement and standardization, system enhancements, and data governance.
- Help create finance process documentation, training guides, and resources. You will become an expert for finance process and policy questions and support business partners and new manager training.
- Build trust with finance team members and business leaders at Square
- 1+ years of relevant experience in finance operations, FP&A, audit, accounting, and/or procurement but not required
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, or other relevant field
- Prior experience with financial planning systems and financial planning process within larger finance organizations; experience in the technology industry is a plus but not required.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources