Card Network Operations Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
The Cash App team is focused on building financial service products for individuals, whether making it easier to send / receive money, make purchases using the Cash Card, receive discounts through Cash Boost, and buy / sell Bitcoin and stocks. Cash App has seen tremendous user growth, and along with this growth comes incredible opportunities, and challenges for our business. The Cash App Operations Team manages a scalable platform and operating environment for a fast-growing mobile payment app with multiple teams, external partners and internal team members. We’re looking for someone to take the reins of our Network Operations team, where you will develop a long-term strategy that includes operational excellence in multiple areas, building and scaling the network platform, an external partner portfolio, cross-functional projects across Cash, and supporting product and business development. You will report to our Operations lead.
- Lead the Network financial platform function in partnership with your counterpart Engineering Manager and dedicated platform engineering and data analytics resources to size, prioritize and implement network platform changes to improve operational efficiency, ensure scalability/redundancy and maximize the impact to the business
- Build operational improvements to the platform and existing processes
- Design new processes to sub-linearly scale the operations of an exponentially scaling product
- Increase strategic partnerships for Square Cash through detailed partner management, working with partners to establish new programs and features. Manage all partner relationships in the Network business (Visa/Mastercard etc), engagements, contracts and escalations for Cash App.
- Follow up and handle escalations from numerous partners and other teams
- Work with all partners to identify and improve points of failures, to resolve partner incidents, document processes, accountability and performance following contracts
- Collaborate across several company partners including engineering, product, design, finance, marketing, data science, legal, compliance, risk and support Identify and influence the selection and onboarding of new partnerships in collaboration with the strategic development function
- Work with Data Analytics/Science resources to analyze multiple sources of data to inform decisions and improve platform changes and overall operations
- Support the team’s effort to balance dispute loss and associated costs with win rates and funds recovery in partnership with the Data Science and Risk teams
- Manage and continue to build the Network Operations team
- Serve as the President of the Square Money Services business unit
- 15+ years of payments, operations and partner management experience, in a technology or financial services company.
- Deep experience working at a payments network - such as Visa, Mastercard.
- Experience with the network rules, payment industry and its current evolution both domestically and globally
- Experience analyzing and developing processes to ensure scalability with a high volume product.
- Strong relationship building skills with leaders and technical teams and the ability to develop agreement and drive team members to a decision and through execution of that decision.
- Team building and direct people management experience in a team-oriented workplace
- Experience improving the development of reporting, tools and other processes to smooth operations and help analysis of nascent industry movements
- Used influence to improve outcomes with all partners.
- An understanding of the chargebacks/payment dispute process from both a merchant and network perspective.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.