Technical Lead, Capital Servicing
- San Francisco, CA
Squares rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $6 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers, and generated a ton of great feedback for future products.
As an Engineering Lead for the Servicing Platform Team on Square Capital, you will define the broad direction and future of our Servicing Platform which handles the services and infrastructure that power our credit products. You will operate on the critical path of all our products on Capital and beyond, and have a direct impact on the success of our credit products.
- Lead and empower an outstanding team of engineers by mentoring individuals, promoting pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the quality of design decisions and implementation by holding the team to a high standard
- Help set broad direction and vision, influence engineering and business strategy, and establish practices to efficiently and effectively address customer needs
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across our various product, data science, operations, and engineering teams
- Oversee the success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results
- 8+ years of hands on software engineering experience
- Excellent software engineering knowledge and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Relevant engineering experience in lending, accounting, or similar domains
- Experience collaborating with product managers, data analysts, and other engineering and cross-functional leaders
- Interest in working on a platform team building tools, APIs, and services for internal and external customers
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources