Senior Software Engineer (Money Platform), Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
The Cash engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the systems that make it all work. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Issuing team, scaling problems will be your bread and butter. You will be building and maintaining the services that are issuing cards and bank accounts to millions of people.
As a member of the Cash App team, you will:
- Build the core services that manage Cash’s card and bank account issuing
- Have a core focus on scale, so we not only handle today’s customers but the customers of tomorrow and beyond
- Be critical in our move from from a monolithic application to distributed systems using a variety of software and architecture patterns to get us there
- Build resilient integrations both with internal and external systems
- Be a proactive team player by being an active participant in all parts of the delivery process from ideation, prioritization, and productionization
- Boundless curiosity, persistence and a desire to get things done
- Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguity and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills
- Worked on systems where data consistency and availability is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services
- Event driven architecture
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.