Engineering Manager (Bitcoin Platform), Cash App
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
Do you love building both software and teams? Do you care about engineering culture? Cash App is looking for a Technical & People Leader, to help lead & grow our Bitcoin Platform team.
The Bitcoin Platform team is responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure that manages Cash App's connection to the blockchain, crypto pricing systems, and liquidity management, as well as supporting our cold storage functions alongside the Cash Security team. As the team has grown and bifurcated, we are excited to hire a new Engineering Manager to lead these efforts.
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs
- Build products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, product and partnership discussions with leaders across the organization and company
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatism, and urgency in the team
We value Engineering Managers who:
- Lead with a people-first approach, can lead a conversation rather than dictate it, and are empathetic to conflicting viewpoints.
- Have 2+ years experience in leading teams of engineers, in both a technical and people management capacity, and ideally remote and distributed teams.
- Are able to build strong relationships with counterparts, both internally and externally, including compliance, legal, operations and customer support.
- Excel at building world class engineering teams that are highly-functional, collaborative and inclusive.
- Knowledge of blockchain technology not essential, but highly desirable
- Have boundless curiosity and interest in Bitcoin and its philosophy
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Jaeger, Prometheus, SignalFx
- Hibernate, Guice
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.