Android Software Engineer, Cash App
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
As part of the Android engineering team for Cash, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhancing our existing ones to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and open source tools, all while adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem. Currently, we’re focusing on the Cash Card (and Boost rewards), improved banking functionality, international expansion, extending our investing/Bitcoin features in exciting new directions, and making stock investing more accessible to all.
- Build end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Invent thoughtful Android tech and open source it
- Re-architect legacy code and prep it to scale for the future of the product and the team
- Work with iOS and backend developers
- Have an meaningful impact on the future of the Cash product
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code
- An eye for design and an ear for the customer; engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, including multiplatform
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- RxJava, SQLDelight, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire, Moshi, Okio, Whorlwind, Picasso, KotlinPoet
- Protocol buffers
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.