Brand Insights Lead, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We’re looking for someone to join Cash App’s marketing and brand team as a Brand Insights Lead. This is an opportunity to have impact on the team that defines Cash App’s brand through inventive marketing programs. You would conduct research around customer behavior and the market at large, and provide that information to Marketing Leads to aid in their development of strategies that raise brand awareness, drive customer growth, and improve brand positioning. Your project management practices have been demonstrated in prior roles, they have a deep interest in the latest trends in brand marketing, evolving media landscapes, and they have a background in partnering with both Marketing and Design professionals.
- Partner with the broader Marketing and Brand Studio teams to provide compelling campaign-specific research and insights relevant to all workstreams
- Create and own an updated source of visual brand references and brand tools
- Work with a team of designers, marketers, business, legal, production, and finance to help overall Brand and Marketing work
- Become the team’s go-to resource for all external research and analysis with regard to consumer behavior
- Amplify existing campaigns and Marketing Leads’ strategies with relevant exterior insights
- Develop an understanding of what makes our product and culture special and make recommendations around how to express that across multiple platforms
- Help evolve Cash App’s brand strategy and architecture, including development and management of brand tools
- Be a proactive, self-motivated, and creative person who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Monitor the competitive landscape to determine where our brand and products fit over time, suggest where to target customers and how to have the greatest impact for brand
- Help create product positionings, messaging frameworks and briefs, identifying and helping craft messaging
- Act fast and be willing to make changes when the unexpected occurs
- 6+ years of relevant experience in brand and marketing (emphasis on research)
- Comfort interpreting and applying insights from marketing and brand research and analytics
- Shown ability to multi-task and run multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail
- Work well with others in a collaborative environment
- Capacity for working with some levels of ambiguity and thinking outside the box in a role that will be redefined along the journey
- Experience working on measurable paid acquisition campaigns (in the digital ad space)
- The ability to gather support from internal experts and external partners to position Cash App’s product against competition
- The ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- BA/BS degree
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.