Product Manager, User Experience
- San Francisco, CA
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for a tactical and strategic Product Manager for Square Payments, the core product and foundation for all other products at Square. As a Product Manager for this team, you will guide impact for the millions of businesses using our platform to take payments for their business.
This position will require and execution. You will define the product strategy, coordinating and building projects, and optimizing our customers' experiences. Our approach at Square is both customer-focused and data-driven. So you will need to dig in to deeply understand our customers and their needs and analyze data, and guide our outstanding team to move fast and ship remarkable solutions.
You will also collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our product reaches customers and provides a remarkable, delightful experience. If you’re looking to grow the flagship product and foundational payment experience at Square, you will find this role compelling and rewarding.
- Oversee the user experience for our core payments functionality
- Deeply understand the jobs-to-be-done of our sellers through qualitative and quantitative research, and champion their needs within Square
- Create the product roadmap and execute the delivery timelines for the work required to provide remarkable experiences for our sellers and grow the business
- Influence important partners throughout Square to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Operate cross-functionally and build strong partnership across the company in delivering excellent products
- Foster an environment that enables the team to build quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
Square’s mission is economic empowerment, and millions of merchants use us for their businesses every day. The Square Payments team supports this vision by empathizing and understanding our customers’ core payments needs, thereby helping us build remarkable product experiences.
- 4+ years of experience in product management, with a large, complex product serving millions of customers, on multiple platforms and countries
- Managing multiple internal partners within complex organizational structures is something you are familiar with
- Customer empathy is important to you and you have experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- You have strategic experience shaping essential strategies that shaped an organization
- You're a self-starter with flexible skills
- You have experience shipping simple user-facing products
- You have a data-driven learning style and use quantitative intuition to make product decisions
- You excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment (bonus points if you’ve worked at a rapidly growing startup, especially in FinTech)
- You’re passionate about Square’s mission and new technology
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources