Machine Learning Engineer (Modeling)
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We are looking for Machine Learning Engineers to help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. Machine Learning is an integral part of how we design products, operate, and pursue Cash App’s mission to serve the unbanked and completely disrupt traditional financial institutions. Our massive scale and rich transaction data create an endless number of opportunities to use AI to better understand our customers and offer new products and experiences that can improve their lives. We are a highly creative group that prefers to solve problems from first principles. We move quickly, make incremental changes, and deploy to production every day.
MLE Modeler, Risk
Working closely with our Risk team, you will build machine learning models that detect fraudulent activity in real time. You will experiment with state-of-the-art algorithms to drive down false positives, collaborate on new product features to drive fraud losses down, use any and every dataset at your disposal (including 3rd party data) to engineer new features for risk models, verify customer documents using OCR, and use biometric and device signals to detect malicious logins and account takeovers.
Technologies we use (and teach):
- Python (numpy, pandas, sklearn, xgboost, TensorFlow, keras, etc.)
- MySQL, Snowflake, GCP, AWS, Tableau
- Java, Kotlin
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- A graduate degree in computer science, AI, ML, applied math, stats, physics, or a related technical field.
- Experience working with product, design, and engineering to prioritize, scope, design, and deploy ML models.
- A track record of providing mentorship and technical leadership.
- An appreciation for the connection between the software you build and the experience it delivers to customers.
- A strong desire to perform and grow in your role.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.