Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning), Cash App
- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
At Cash App we believe Machine Learning, especially Deep Learning powered Artificial Intelligence, is the future. Our mission is to make them available in the present. To achieve this we’re organised into three teams: ML Platform, Data Infrastructure & Risk.
We believe each Machine Learning Engineer has a diverse set of skills, regardless of what your strength is, we would love to talk to you!
Problems you’d be solving:
- Prototype new approaches and productionize solutions at scale for our 24+ millions of active users
- Help execute our long-term Machine Learning strategy across Cash App
- Create a world class platform for training, hosting and maintaining ML models
- Identify opportunities for platformization by communicating with our applied ML team
- Balance the needs of Product, Data Scientists, User Research, and other engineers in a small team to develop machine learning approaches that advance our mission to detect fraud
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- The ability to work in a fast paced, autonomous and unpredictable environment
- Desire to mentor & grow other machine learning engineers across the org to further these efforts
- A deep understanding of software that allows you make the right trade offs
- Natural curiosity & eagerness to learn (we have one day a week dedicated to Passion Projects)
Technologies we use:We’re agnostic to what you know walking in the door.
You’ll need to be happy working with:
- Kotlin, Java, Go & Python
- Kafka, Beam and Flink
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.