Finance & Strategy Analyst, Cash App - Investing
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We started with a simple idea - that everyone should be able to accept credit cards - and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since. For sellers, we’re creating one cohesive service to run your entire business, from a register in your pocket to analytics on your laptop. For buyers, we’re making it faster to order from the businesses you love and more fun to pay your friends back. Buying and selling sound like simple things - and they should be. Somewhere along the way, they got complicated. We’re working hard to make commerce easy for everyone.
The Cash App team is focused on building financial service products for individuals, whether making it easier to send / receive money, make purchases using the Cash Card, receive discounts through Cash Boost, and buy / sell Bitcoin and public equities. Cash App has seen tremendous user growth, and along with this growth comes incredible opportunities, and challenges for our business. As an essential partner for the Cash App team, you will report to a Finance and Strategy Manager.
- Produce the user and financial forecasts for the Equities and Bitcoin products. Use SQL to predict trends, integrating top-down and bottoms-up forecasts
- Create cohort models to manage underlying health of our Investing products, and other analyses to promote clear decision-making
- Present weekly, monthly, and quarterly results to partners across Product, Finance & Strategy, and Accounting teams. Report product drivers and shifts in trends
- Partner with Product, Operations, and Treasury to support product changes, vendor relations, and operational requirements
- Work with Engineering and Data Science to design, implement, and measure A/B tests
- Help grow two of Cash App’s fastest growing products
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (there will be a case study as part of the selection process)
- Experience with FinTech
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Familiarity with financial planning processes and business systems such as Hyperion
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.