3D Motion Designer, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We are looking for a 3D Motion Designer to join our Brand Studio. You will collaborate with multiple partners across design, copywriting, production and product marketing to guide our business, brand and company mission forward.
Our Brand Studio is based in Cash App’s gorgeous SoHo office in New York City. You will report to our Creative Director.
In this hands-on role, you'll have tremendous opportunity to influence one of the fastest growing financial products in the world. You will be at the heart of co-creating on-strategy ideas and bringing them to life. You’ll be asked to connect dots, organize thoughts and develop plans to match the team’s expectations. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
You’re conceptual, strategic, can share and sell your ideas, and encourage others to share theirs. You sweat the smallest details, understand what it takes to develop great creative work, excel in cross-discipline collaboration, and have a passion for inspiring team members.
Our amazing Brand Studio is made up of designers, illustrators, art directors, animators, and copywriters. Our focus is to create a brand that’s built upon creativity and art. We aim to look at brand marketing through a non-traditional lens and build our vision in innovative ways.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with our Creative Director to lead the internal creative process
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Oversee and help design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments across different media and marketing channels
- Foster partnerships with program management and a cross-discipline team of designers, engineers, writers, product marketers, and strategists
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Work with partners across Cash App to guarantee an integrated brand experience
We are looking for a talented and passionate individual to execute the responsibilities listed above, who is excited to learn and grow professionally in the process.
Key requirements include:
- 6+ years of agency experience or freelance work
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, inventive ideas
- A unique creative approach to problem solving
- Understanding of performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with both new and traditional brand channels and media
- Experience partnering with copywriters and teams of designers, engineers, program managers, and product marketers
- A curious and entrepreneurial spirit
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.