Software Engineer (Fullstack) - Capital Underwriting Platform
- San Francisco, CA
As a software engineer on Square Capital, you will design, build, and own the applications and services that power our products. Our underwriting platform is a critical aspect of our lending process, and you will work with us to ensure that our tools, services, and applications are easy to use, performant at scale, and fully compliant with regulatory requirements. If you have a passion for the intersection between finance and technology, a dedication to detail in software design and development, and a desire to improve the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, we want to work with you!
- Work with user-facing product and engineering teams to build new capabilities that will enable them to move faster and more autonomously.
- Partner with data scientists and machine learning experts to develop new ways to leverage ML-capabilities in a safe and compliant manner.
- Work closely with platform product managers on new features that allow us to implement more complex credit policies with reduced effort.
- Take ownership over the technical direction of our team’s web applications. We’ve just started rebuilding some of our core platform components, and we want you to help shape their direction.
- Split your time between working on the frontend of our next generation of underwriting tools and our existing backend APIs and services.
- Design fault tolerant systems so our engineers can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers.
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- A strong interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to building scalable backend services that power our underwriting platform.
- Excitement for building amazing applications that empower our data scientists to iterate more quickly and safely.
- The desire to work collaboratively, particularly over video or asynchronously through online tools.
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design.
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources