Software Engineer (Frontend), Web Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA
While Square is best known for the Point of Sale applications that run natively on iOS, Android and Square-branded hardware devices, Square’s mission is that “everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy.” This includes merchants for whom it does not make sense to purchase a dedicated device to accept payments. Enter the Virtual Terminal product, owned by the Web Point of Sale team, which allows merchants to take payments through a web interface on the computers they already own and use to run their businesses.
To learn more about the Virtual Terminal product: https://squareup.com/us/en/payments/virtual-terminal
As a Frontend Engineer on the team, you will...
- Add functionality to the Virtual Terminal product to serve and expand its user base in service of Square’s mission;
- Help improve the web onboarding experience for Square users, ensuring that new users are introduced to the most relevant products for their needs;
- Work with your fellow engineers to ensure that Square provides a comprehensive and cohesive web-based product to end-users.
- Excellent software engineering knowledge;
- A sense of customer empathy and an interest in product direction;
- Experience testing your code (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Capybara);
- 2+ years professional experience.
Web technologies we use:
- Ember.js / QUnit
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources