Financial and Corporate Communications Lead
- San Francisco, CA
Our communications team is made up of tough, quick-witted,, and naturally curious people. We communicate to the world Square’s purpose to empower businesses and individuals with elegant tools that give them an advantage where they previously and unfairly had none. We are looking for Financial and Corporate Communications Lead to manage efforts for our Corporate Communications team.
You will lead financial, legal, executive, and related corporate communications at Square. It requires creativity, and the ability to change course quickly and perform in high-stress situations.
- Lead communications for Square’s quarterly earnings announcements and other important company business and financial-related events and announcements, including financial filings, Investor Days, etc.
- Manage executive communications for members of Square’s executive team, including Square’s CEO, CFO, and General Counsel.
- Manage communications for Square M&A, litigation, and other legal and policy matters.
- Be a spokesperson on crucial media interactions, including crisis communications and issues that might affect our business and corporate reputation
- Develop ongoing media relations for corporate functions; maintain relationships with essential national business, financial, and technology press
- Work with many teams inside Square, including finance, investor relations, legal, government relations, design, internal communications, engineering, support, HR, and others.
- Develop written materials, including company messaging and statements, communications plans, press releases, blog posts, FAQs, and other collateral
- 6 or more years relevant work experience at an in-house corporate communications team
- Previous communications experience with publicly-traded companies.
- Experience pitching financial, business, technology, and vertical publications.
- An understanding of the bigger-picture and experience advancing company narratives in the down-cycles between corporate announcements.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts to create essential messages that are consistent but tailored to multiple partners.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Skills in shaping and executing simultaneous projects.
- Experience working with senior leadership and teams across an organization, including finance, legal, product, engineering, business, sales, and customer support.
- You instinctively and consistently create personal and professional stretch goals and meet them.
- Curiosity, creative thinking, and a sense of humor.
- An appreciation of the Oxford comma.