Senior Financial Analyst, Square Corporate FP&A
- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Square Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) group. The FP&A team manages financial trends of the business, including the annual financial plan, regular forecast and outlook processes, determining capital allocation across our business, and providing analytical support to Square management. You will be an important contributor to the strategic decision-making processes across the business.
We are looking for experienced finance professionals who will work as members of Square’s Corporate Finance & Strategy team, and who will directly influence essential elements of Square’s overall financial forecast, operational execution, and strategic decision-making.
- Manage workforce planning for the Corporate FP&A team. This includes forecasting and reporting on every expense item related to personnel and headcount planning and reconciliation across the company.
- Partner with the business to provide analytical support for ad-hoc projects related to workforce planning, personnel expense, and other items.
- Contribute to financial commentaries and documents to support essential financial deliverables.
- Contribute to the management of important financial processes including annual planning, quarterly and monthly forecast adjustment cycles, and the incremental investment cycle.
- Develop new processes or improve existing processes relating to financial planning/reporting.
- Develop metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, identify opportunities, recommendations, and collaborate across all levels.
- Support ad- hoc projects and help establish systems improvements to support Square’s growth.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or a related field
- 2-5 years of relevant industry experience with financial modeling (corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, consulting)
- Excellent proficiency in Excel (be prepared for a modeling interview)
- Experience with the payments industry and a commitment to Squares purpose of Economic Empowerment
- Experience with Hyperion is a plus
- Experience with SQL is a plus