Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack), eCommerce
- San Francisco, CA
Square's eCommerce team is building better website experiences for merchants and online shoppers. We're seeking a full stack engineer who is passionate about building applications to help our sellers succeed in building great online stores, thus empowering millions of small merchants to focus on their businesses and not their business technology. You will help build features to create a world-class e-commerce experience for both our sellers and their customers.
- Improve our website builder and online store platform,
- Build elegant user-facing web experiences that combine intuitive interfaces with smooth performance at scale,
- Lead projects from technical discovery to delivery,
- Write testable and well-documented frontend and backend code,
- Design and build systems that manage sensitive customer data while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance,
- And work with an amazing group of engineers while leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent,
- 5+ years of practical experience building frontend single page applications (SPA),
- 5+ years of practical full stack development work experience (ideally using PHP, and even Laravel),
- Experience building large web applications in a distributed environment and can make pragmatic engineering decisions,
- Interest in working full-stack, from optimizing database transactions to building distributed systems and frontend web applications,
- And a track record of pursuing self-directed side projects, research, or open source projects.
Web Technologies we use:
- VueJS with Vuex
- PHP with Laravel
- Redis and Memcached