Software Engineer, Business Onboarding
- San Francisco, CA
Square helps millions of merchants start and run their businesses. As those businesses grow, their needs change. Square’s goal to help businesses grow doesn’t stop when small businesses do well. We want to support the needs of businesses of all sizes, and our team is focused on the complex needs of larger merchants.
The Business Onboarding team focuses on improving the user experience for these merchants and on building new user-facing tools to help them get the right support at the right time when they start using Square. Our UI is one of the first things our customers see, and first impressions matter.
A few examples of the products that we work on:
- Onboarding and new user experience for payment products
- Data collection and maintenance ui for our merchants
- Business Information verification and account activation
We are a full-stack and mobile product team: we improve and integrate with the money moving platform and deliver product features on desktops, mobile web, and in our iOS and Android apps. Our approach is both customer-focused and data-driven: we talk to existing and prospective merchants, understand their needs and pains, and find opportunities to improve product experiences from data insights and A/B tests. Our team has excellent work-life balance, allows flexible hours and location, and works on important, valuable projects.
- Design, create and optimize the payment product experience for businesses using Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Java, and MySQL
- Design and implement A/B tests
- Build extensive, reliable support for product data logging and metrics
- Work closely with our product, engineering, analytics, and marketing teams
- 1+ years of software engineering experience
- Server-side experience, ideally in Rails or Java, and familiarity or curiosity about frontend and mobile development
- Led or contributed to feature releases
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable effective communication and collaboration with a variety of stakeholders
- Empathy for our customers and an interest in producing an excellent experience for them
Technologies we use and teach:
- A/B test techniques and methodologies
- iOS and Android development