Sr Art Director, Point of Sale - Creative Studio
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Alternate Location: Portland, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square is looking for an experienced and passionate Sr. Art Director to join our award-winning creative team. You will collaborate with multiple partners across design, engineering, copywriting, production and product marketing to guide our business, brand and company mission forward.
This is a hands-on creative leadership role with tremendous opportunity to influence one of our most important products, Point of Sale. You will be at the heart of co-creating on-strategy ideas and bringing them to life. You’ll be asked to connect dots, organize thoughts and develop plans to match the teams’ expectations. You will lead projects from concept through execution, QA, and iteration. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
You’re conceptual, strategic, kind, can share and sell your ideas, and encourage others to share theirs. You sweat the smallest details, understand what it takes to develop great creative work, excel in cross-discipline collaboration, and have a passion for inspiring team members.
- Partner with our Sr. Writer to lead the internal creative process and promote accountability for creative delivery
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Oversee and help design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments across different media and marketing channels
- Use customer and industry data to inspire creative concepts and collaborate with strategists to validate
- Foster partnerships with program management and a cross-discipline team of designers, engineers, writers, product marketers, and strategists
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Motivate and encourage the team to ensure the work is the best it can be, maintaining a high level of creative execution while meeting the needs of our partners
- Work with partners across Square to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience, 3+ in leadership
- A portfolio that shows experience launching complex integrated campaigns
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- An ability to define and build brands
- Advanced design skills that cover multiple creative projects
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels and media
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of web design with accessibility as a major objective
- Experience partnering with copywriters and teams of designers, engineers, program managers and product marketers
- A positive attitude with an open mindset
- Agency experience is desirable
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio along with the name of your favorite small business.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources