Product Designer, Ecosystem Onboarding
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a Product Designer at Square, you will contribute to design execution for our Ecosystem Onboarding team. The team’s mission is to help merchants get started with Square as efficiently and effectively as possible. The goal is to get merchants started on the right foot towards the right milestones on any platform (mobile apps, desktop web, mobile web, etc..), while providing space to explore and find new products to help them start, run, and grow their business. We open the door to the ecosystem, but our job doesn’t stop after signing up. The faster merchants experience Square’s overall ecosystem value, the better we can guide them to success.
- Around 5 years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company initiative
- You actively plan, scope, and create work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- You can effectively communicate your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams
- You take pride in the quality of your work and create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You always think about how your work fits into the company’s full ecosystem during all phases of the design process
- You propose and participate in usability and field research
At Square, our purpose is to empower–within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, expertise, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.