Senior Product Designer, Commerce Platform
- Atlanta, GA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are looking for a senior-level Product Designer to drive design execution for our Commerce Platform efforts - including horizontal services like Prices, Identities, Catalog, Orders, and Analytics & Reporting. Commerce Platform offers a unique design challenge that requires designers to design for many products and platforms in parallel. These are products that are essential to Squares ecosystem, and we are looking for an accomplished Designer to guide the products design execution and approach on features and services that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them. You will report to the Commerce Platform Design Director.
From the beginning, its been part of our core strategy that Product Design play a central role in our product development process: we employ design thinking to build easy-to-use tools that help our merchants better run their businesses. Designers at Square take projects from napkins sketches to final visual specifications, so in this role you'll conduct research, mock up wireframes on new ideas, and present work and progress to Square executives.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.***
- 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android.
- Comfort with an iterative design process and ability to closely collaborate with product, engineering, and marketing teams during product development.
- Visual and interaction design taste and ability to set a high-quality bar for your team.
- Prototype solutions at varying levels of resolution.
- An ability to provide and accept feedback and constructive criticism.
- Experience mentoring other designers on your team.
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Background developing interaction prototypes
- Experience with motion design and related software
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources