Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Payment Platform Web
- San Francisco, CA
Commerce is changing, and as part of that Square is transforming from a product company to a platform company. If you join now, you will ride the massive wave of omnichannel retail combining in-store and online / in-app payments. You'll help create an "AWS of Commerce" as our developer platform exposes core primitives for other companies to build on top of. And you'll have a great experience with our motivated, friendly, and diverse team.
Want to learn more? See what we’ve built so far at https://developer.squareup.com/docs/payment-form/payment-form-walkthrough (and think about all the ways you can help make this experience better). If you’re ambitious, feel free to read our source code here https://js.squareup.com/v2/paymentform.
As a Software Engineer on the Payment Platform Web team, you will…
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and design teams across Square to ensure a consistent and clear developer experience
- Build experiences for thousands of developers and millions of Square Merchants
- See the big picture to design robust experiences so the team can be brave and move fast, without showing a negative impact to customers
- 5+ years of experience developing production software
- Have a desire to build Square's developer platform, where we succeed when our merchants and developers succeed
- Deeply enjoy writing and shipping production software
- Can identify ways to quickly prototype complex ideas
- Whether you have heard of "Lean Startup", "Customer Development", "Human centered design" or not, you have a deep desire to focus on delighting our customers