Corporate FP&A Director
- San Francisco, CA
Corporate FP&A is an important function for Square, sitting at the center of the broader finance team to help the CFO, Square’s leadership and Square’s board gain financial visibility and insights on the business. This team runs Square’s financial processes, including our Annual Planning process and quarter forecasts, and helps architect the information flow and methodologies we need for dynamic business partnership. Corporate FP&A sets the parameters and forecast processes for the finance team, partners closely with the Investor Relations team to set guidance and help tell our story through numbers, and partners with other key operational teams on the moving pieces that impact our financial outlook (tax, accounting, treasury, facilities). You will work with partners across finance and the leadership team.
- Manage key financial processes, including forecasting, budget planning, performance reporting, and others.
- Architect financial commentaries and documents to support key financial deliverables.
- Develop new processes or improve existing processes relating to financial planning/reporting.
- Develop metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and collaborate across all levels.
- Support ad hoc projects and help define systems improvements to support Square’s growth.
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, with a focus on capital allocation decisions and long-term financial planning.
- Provide financial analysis and commentary to important partners including Square’s board, management team and Investor Relations team.
- Manage and continue to grow a team.
- Understand how to operate in and improve upon Square's financial systems.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 8-12 years of relevant finance experience, including experience in finance & strategy in a corporate environment
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Experience leading complex workstreams
- Excellent proficiency in accounting and corporate finance concepts
- Familiarity with financial planning processes and business systems such as Hyperion
- Consistent success and career progression