Product Designer - Senior Level, Payroll
- San Francisco, CA
Much in the same way that Square revolutionized payments, we want to radically alter how employees get paid and businesses manage their finances. Our mission is to make running a business simple and personal by applying automation and an outstanding user-experience. Our small, collaborative team has already built many foundational features and are now focused on creating and experimenting beyond a traditional payroll product. We want to transform the lives of people that make their living through our platform. We’re an essential and growing part of the Square ecosystem and are using our position to build products and features that are beyond the capabilities of our competitors.
We’re looking for someone who is motivated by complex problems. You’ll be directly responsible for decisions that influence the product and road map. On this team, your work will span from core features to experimental projects. We believe in generalists at Square, and our Product Designers take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. This will be a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product editors, analysts and engineers.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- The ability to communicate interactions at varying levels of resolution
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Background developing interaction prototypes
- Experience with motion design and related software