Accounts Payable Accountant
- San Francisco, CA
The Square Finance team is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Accountant.. We continue to need strong accounting talent as our team and company grow. This role will play an integral part in the day-to-day operations and accounting close with opportunities to work on various projects as we scale.
Responsible for assisting the Accounts Payable Supervisor with:
- Heavy volume of data entry of Purchase Order and Non- Purchase Order backed invoices in the ERP system
- 3 way Match and manually code invoices for daily data entry.
- Resolve pricing and receiving discrepancies
- Reconciliation of vendor account statements
- Contacts vendors regarding discrepancies.
- Answer vendor inquiries
- Assist with other general office tasks
- Invoice Scanning
- Finding better ways to increase efficiency of the AP processes
- Audit Reviews and PBC pulls
- Ad hoc analysis and tasks as needed
The desired candidate must be highly analytical and inquisitive with a keen attention to detail. The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills are required. Ideal candidate will be a process-oriented individual who is also flexible enough to thrive in a startup setting. Candidate must love getting 'hands dirty', have a strong work ethic, but also see the big picture.
You have / you are:
- Associates Degree
- AP experience required (4+ years), Public company and startup experience welcomed
- Oracle Accounts Payable Subledger experience is a must - Oracle Cloud a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP (US and international preferred)
- Full cycle AP understanding
- Used and Sales Tax understanding
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
- Tech savvy – Open to SAAS or Cloud Systems
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls
- Positive can do attitude and must be a team player
- Effective Communication skills both written and oral