Senior Product Designer, Payments
- San Francisco, CA
The payments team enables Square to move money by creating products that help sellers take payments and manage their money, and building infrastructure and working with external partners. We find the best ways to move money across different networks and countries in a way that is cost-effective, available, scalable, secure, and forward-looking. The Payments team is one of the most essential teams at Square by ensuring sellers can easily onboard onto Square, take payments, spend their money using Square Card, and instantly deposit money to their bank account. The Payments team is the arbiter for some of the primary acquisition channels at Square and manages a large portion of Squares revenue.
As a Product Designer on the Payments team, you will work on products that impact millions of sellers by designing core experiences within Square apps, including the onboarding flows, first time payments tutorials, and payments experiences including the Payments Terminal (calculator) and new methods customers will use to pay sellers. Designers will lead design for complex end-to-end flows within native apps and web experiences for desktop and mobile. Designers will work with their cross-functional team, Designers on the team, and report to the Design Lead of Payments.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- An ability to communicate interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Experience designing forward-looking innovative or north star products and ideas
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Experience running design sprints or similar methodologies
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Background developing interaction prototypes
- Experience with motion design and related software