Visual Designer, eCommerce Marketing
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Much in the same way that Square revolutionized payments, we’ve reimagined how merchants start, run and grow their business online. With Square Online Store, we’re making it easier for sellers to sell across any channel—from expanding inventory offerings beyond a brick and mortar shop, to launching a custom-branded eCommerce website, to fulfilling orders through our mobile app.
Design Studio is a new team that serves SMB to Mid-Market clients to Square's eCommerce platform. You'll be part of an internal design agency, directing and contributing to visual and interaction design, providing design recommendations for how clients can enhance their online brands, managing several client projects at any given time, and collaborating with other team disciplines.
You have strong design fundamentals and a solid understanding of UI patterns and principles. You will report to a Design Lead and create high-quality websites using the Square Online Store builder, create and edit graphic assets such as product photography, maintain an asset library, and own projects from concept through review process and delivery. Specifically, you’ll build designs that improve a client’s eCommerce website while following our builder experience and functionality. You’ll collaborate closely with our Product and Marketing Design teams, and Business Development.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
- Build design solutions for client-based web projects
- Produce and/or edit a range of visual assets, including photo retouching, icon creation, illustration, etc.
- Translate designs into functioning websites using the Square Online Store builder
- Develop final files from concepts and ensure file handoffs
- Employ an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Proficiency in Square Online Store builder
- Portfolio that shows experience across several website creation tools or builders
- A solid understanding of typography, layout, information architecture
- Experience delivering quality design at high volumes under tight timelines
- Visual documentation skills
- Experience with design applications such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma
- Fluent in responsive design web standards
- Photo retouching/video editing skills
- Knowledge of motion and Adobe After Effects, etc.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.