Voice of Customer Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Cash App is looking for a Voice of Customer (VoC) Lead to join the Cash Customer Operations team. The VoC Lead and future VoC team will be focused on improving the customer experience and transforming the product roadmap and priorities by partnering with product teams across all Cash workstreams. The VoC Lead will build a team, create strong bonds and collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Design, and oversee creating and executing on the daily operations of the VoC program.
The VoC team will be focused on incorporating the customers perspective to build brand loyalty, fix pain points and drive innovation as part of our customer-focused culture. This role will establish quantitative and qualitative process-oriented approaches to identify and prioritize key customer feedback from multiple data inputs. The VoC Lead is responsible for promoting Best in Class service and assisting in creating a corporate environment focused on brand loyalty, meeting customers needs and customer retention.
Our ideal candidate has deep experience in creating managing and developing a team of Product Specialists and establishing a customer feedback loop thats deeply embedded in the product process and company culture. The ideal person for this role has built and scaled VoC programs and can think strategically about the mission, development, strategy, execution and refinement of these functions. Initially, theyll also have to be scrappy and willing to roll up their sleeves to solve the day-to-day needs and hire a team of rock stars. There is a broad range of opportunities to address for the operation: consistency, accuracy, strong internal communications, effective tools and process and establishing a defining metric for the teams success.
- Design and execute on a Voice of Customer strategy that enables the long term success of our customers and Cash App
- Hire a cadre of expert Product Specialists to embed in both Customer Success and Product Management teams
- Establish demonstrable impacts to the Cash App roadmap that we derived from customer feedback and feature input
- Identify and build the VoC key metrics and goals and implement the program around them
- Triage all the process improvement opportunities, and build an impactful roadmap of both short- and longer-term projects rooted in materially incorporating the customer perspective
- Optimize the customer experience by developing the process and programs to support consistent accurate knowledge about top customer pain points and feature requests
- 5+ years of management experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in all aspects of Voice of Customer or customer feedback operations, in a fast-paced, frequently-changing business setting with lots of ambiguity to manage through
- Deep understanding of, and experience in how scaled customer support organizations operate and how customer feedback is optimally compiled, aggregated, prioritized and made actionable
- Strong team-building, empathy, leadership by example and empowerment approach with a desire to see others succeed and a passion for leading teams to success
- An analytical, data-focused mindset with a track record of success in a metrics-driven environment.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty to understand the problems that face our customers and our teams
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.