- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Square Accounting team is looking for a Senior Accountant to be an important contributor to our growing team.
- Collaborate with business operations to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial closing, these areas include but are not limited to calculations and analyses of inventory balances, warranty reserves, capital expenditures, margin analysis, R&D operating expenses and other inventory reserve accounts
- Prepare detailed account analysis, balance sheet reconciliations for General Ledger accounts, COGS reconciliation and cost proof for month end financial review
- Collaborate with the Operations team to resolve inventory discrepancies by performing reconciliation with 3PL, Vendor shipments, and analyzing Goods in Transit.
- Analyze and validate the cost of goods sold (and deferred cost of goods sold) as part of the month-end close
- Perform standard cost review on a quarterly basis and work with Operations to review changes and impacts
- Participate in the quarter-end and year-end audit including physical inventory at 3PL
- Collaborate with the business operations and business systems teams for process improvements and automation in the supply chain and inventory modules of Oracle
- Review SOX controls and process documents to ensure adherence of internal controls and ensure process integrity with Cost/Inventory and work with team members to resolve process issues and implement process improvements
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors
- Drive change in the organization through participation in special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Report to the Senior Manager, Global Cost Accounting
- 3+ years in accounting, preferably from Big 4pubic accounting firm
- Cost Accounting experience
- An understanding of Supply Chain and Operations
- Experience working with consumer electronics or channel partner relationships desirable
- Experience working with ERP system such as Oracle R12 or SAP
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls. Our global supply chain model uses a contract manufacturing model, so experience in this area is preferred.
- Experience with implementing process improvements
- A highly analytical mindset and ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in systems skills - Intermediate MS Excel
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources