Engineering Manager, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple single purpose product to the world’s most dynamic money app.
Loved by customers, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years. We sometimes even steal the overall #1 spot from the likes of Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s financial system.
Headquartered in SF with offices in Kitchener Waterloo, Melbourne, New York, Sydney, Austin and Toronto. We’re growing rapidly and we would love for you to join us!
As an Engineering Manager on Cash, you will build teams, products, and services that are inspiring, meaningful and will fundamentally change the banking system we know today. You will be responsible for growing the team, ensuring collaboration across a multiple of disciplines and providing support to individuals through your mentorship and leadership skills.
Working alongside our Product Managers and Designers you will help to shape the product roadmap, solve problems at scale and consistently maintain empathy towards the needs of our customers.
We believe engineering management is a craft worthy of mastery, and we’re looking for an engineering leader who shares our passion for building impactful teams, products, and businesses.
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs
- Build products, systems, and services that have immediate impact on our customers
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatism, and urgency in the team
- Hold your teammates—and yourself—to high engineering standards
- 8+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience directly managing engineers (including providing mentorship, feedback, and investing in the career growth of your team members)
- A history of healthy collaboration with product managers, engineers, and other engineering managers on developing roadmaps and executing against them
- Strong self-motivation to learn and grow
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services
- Event driven architectures
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.