Product Designer, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
We are looking for a Product Designer for the Cash App design team in New York City. Our team’s focus is to create and shape world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing new and innovative solutions into existence in the financial space.
Cash App designers are responsible for taking a product, feature, or experience from ideation to production. This includes vision setting, conducting research, designing solutions, creating high-fidelity visuals, prototyping new ideas, presenting work to our cross-functional teams, and overseeing implementation, as well as collaborating with other designers, product editors, analysts, and engineers.
- Experience in—and passion for—turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the iPhone, Android, and other surfaces.
- Ability to communicate interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution.
- Strong self-management and collaboration skills.
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services.
- Experience in conducting user research or usability tests, and utilizing metrics to fine-tune designs.
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback.
- Competent in relevant design tools including Figma or Sketch.
- Previous work experience in a consumer-focused tech organization.
- Familiarity with creating interactive prototypes.
- Experience in motion design and related software.
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.