Senior Data Analyst, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join Square and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked. We derive valuable insights from our extremely unique datasets and turn those into actions that improve the experience for our customers every day. You will be a part of the broader data science organization and collaborate frequently with data scientists, engineers, and other analysts. As a Senior Data Analyst at Square you will work directly with members of our Business Operations team to help understand, identify, and drive efficiencies across the entire Cash App business. You will be responsible for answering unstructured business questions that drive strategy some of our key business initiatives: Cash Card, Rewards, Bitcoin, International, etc.
- Partner directly with members of our Business Operations team
- Build, forecast, and report on metrics that drive strategy and facilitate decision making for key business initiatives
- Explore our vast data sets to identify and investigate new opportunities and efficiencies
- Develop and maintain curated data sets using ETL and build/share data visualizations via dashboards
- Design and analyze A/B experiments to evaluate the impact of changes we make to our product and business
- Effectively communicate your work with team leads and cross-functional stakeholders on a regular basis
- 3+ years of analytics industry experience
- A BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Economics, Business or a related technical field
- Advanced proficiency with database querying technologies (e.g. MySQL or similar)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Intellectual curiosity
- A passion for Square and Cash App’s mission
- Experience with scripting and data analysis programming languages (e.g. Python, R)
- An understanding of the payments industry
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Airflow, Tableau
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.