Visual Designer, Square Online Store
- San Francisco, CA
Much in the same way that Square revolutionized payments, we’ve reimagined how merchants start, run and grow their business online. With Square Online Store, we’re making it easier for sellers to sell across any channel—from expanding inventory offerings beyond a brick and mortar shop, to launching a custom-branded ecommerce website, to fulfilling orders through our mobile app.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to join the team behind the Square Online Store platform. This is a hands on, highly collaborative role where you will have the opportunity to make design decisions that will greatly impact the business. Your work will span visual, interactive, environmental, product, and design systems. You’ll be responsible for directing and contributing to visual design, leading critiques, presenting work to cross-functional stakeholders, fostering a culture of design within the organization, and advocating for forward-looking design solutions.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
The breadth of this role will span:
- Crafting the visual experience for all relevant marketing channels
- Owning conceptual development, direction, and delivery of visuals across media
- Delivering solutions that support the desired business outcomes with minimal guidance
- Implementing a cohesive visual style and systematic approach to design–thinking about how each project fits into the larger Square ecosystem
- Clearly articulating your design decisions and embracing feedback
- Collaborating with a range of teams and disciplines to execute growth initiatives
- Analyzing relevant data and customer insights to inform your designs
- ~5 years experience in visual design
- Portfolio that demonstrates expertise in visual design
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of motion design and Adobe After Effects, illustration, 3D rendering, programming languages a plus.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources