Recruiting Coordinator (contract)
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We’re looking for a Recruiting Coordinator to support our team of recruiters. You will report to the Recruiting Coordinator Manager and act as a Square ambassador to ensure that every candidate has the best possible experience.
- Be one of the first faces and names that candidates see. Make them feel welcome, delighted, informed and taken care of.
- Manage all coordination of interviews virtually and onsite. It’ll often be across time zones, require travel, and both interviewers and candidates will have questions for you!
- Value collaboration and the importance of supporting your team, working closely with your RC teammates to help each other out.
- Don’t assume because something is the way it is, it’s the way it has to be. Offer ideas to refine our processes and improve upon existing programs. Take on projects of impact to the candidate experience.
- A human-centric approach to your work. You want to be a resource for candidates, recruiters, and interviewers.
- A mind geared toward logistics. You can crank on scheduling requests. You put your feet in the shoes of both the candidates and the interviewers to think of everything.
- Time management skills that help you tackle it all.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on being concise and friendly.
- A desire to build the Cash team and expand the knowledge of recruiting.
- You embrace change with a great attitude.
- Self-drive. You have integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily... hundreds of candidates each month? No prob!
- Bonus points for previous recruiting coordinator and ATS (applicant tracking system) experience
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.