Senior Real Estate Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Senior Real Estate Analyst grows and manages Square’s global real estate portfolio through development of long-term strategic plans, financial modeling, and managing capital and operational financials. You are also responsible for analytical initiatives within the global real estate portfolio, and financial planning across the various departments comprising the Experience team, providing cross-departmental strategic and analytical support, and providing data-based recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Support Square’s global real estate portfolio by ensuring Square has room to grow, as needed
- Drive financial modeling for new real estate projects, working with external brokerage firms, internal Accounting teams and Finance & Strategy partners.
- Guide Real Estate financial planning and budget short-term forecasts and longer term planning models
- Support delivery of global occupancy planning program, the output of which informs key real estate decisions
- Partner closely with F&S to develop improved processes for financial planning
- Support annual planning process across all Corporate Facilities’ departments
- Develop metrics tools, iterating as new solutions become available
- Report to the Treasurer and Head of Real Estate
- 3+ years experience in Corporate Real Estate or related finance roles with direct responsibility to managing transaction activity
- Experience developing, building and running complex financial models
- Experience with real estate finance structuring, lease/buy decisions, and familiarity with current lease accounting standards
- An ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deliverable requirements on tight timelines
- Experience budget planning, preferably in a public company environment
- An understanding of the effects of real estate finance decisions across the income statement and balance sheet
- Experience with lease accounting or lease management systems
- Work with and understanding of commercial lease agreements and experience with lease negotiations
- Experience with construction planning and budgeting
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources