Software Engineer, Knowledge Platform
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
At Square, our mission is to build an honest financial network for everyone. We achieve our purpose of economic empowerment by delivering remarkable solutions. The Knowledge Platform team strives to deliver on this mission by building distributed high scale, efficient and flexible machine learning and customer data services that power experiences across Square products.
- Work cross-functionally with our product, analytics and operations team to develop new features and improve existing processes.
- Build systems that manage customers sensitive data and hold Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- See the big picture to design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave, move fast, and break things, without ever showing a negative impact to customers.
- Interest in working full-stack, from optimizing database transactions to building distributed systems and frontend web applications.
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside from their user experience to their robust and elegant design.
- Experience building scalable services on one or more cloud providers (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Data and metrics-oriented mindset: you want your work to be measurable and impactful.
- Customer empathy: you understand your customers needs and requirements.
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.
- Bonus - ML toolkit experience (python, tensorflow, Caffe2, PyTorch, MXNet, Spark)
Technologies we use:
- Java, Guice (DI), Google Cloud Platform
- Protocol Buffers, REST APIs
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.