Software Engineer (Frontend), Point of Sale Onboarding
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square’s Point of Sale Onboarding team builds robust signup and setup experiences for our merchants. Working across teams to provide a seamless and frictionless experience, we focus on helping merchants discover Squares potential to run their business and guide them as they embark on this new adventure. We span both product and platform, building tools for ourselves and others while providing a first in class onboarding experience.
We are looking to hire a motivated Frontend Engineer who enjoys the thrill of a successful AB test, as well as finds joy in building out shared components for our partner teams to use. We work closely with product, design and marketing to ensure we’re always taking a holistic approach to how best serve our merchants. As a small team we like to move quickly, and expect engineers to have a large impact on the road-map, product and technology.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and build world-class product experiences.
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout.
- Hold yourself, and your teammates accountable to the standards of engineering and ethics that enables Square to safely move billions of dollars in payments and allow our customers to trust us with their sensitive data.
- Stay curious, ask questions when you need help, and have a voice in the future of our roadmap
- Strong execution skills, with a pragmatic focus on results, to deliver remarkable solutions to our merchants.
- The ability to adapt to the different stages of product development. This can mean building intentionally scrappy code to iterate quickly, or building a sustainable system that will support our product for years to come.
- An appreciation for the connection between the software you build and the experience it delivers to customers
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with other functions, such as designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to deliver a great product.
- Proficiency in at least one front-end framework and an enthusiasm to learn others. Our engineers have all kinds of backgrounds and are encouraged to move freely across our technology stack.
- 2+ years professional experience.
Languages and technologies we use and teach:
- Technologies: Sass, HTML
- Frameworks: Ember.js, Rails, gRPC
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.