Technical Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Risk Management Technical Project Manager (TPM) will work extensively with both Business and Engineering at Square. The role will require an in depth understanding of the technical architecture at Square in order to inform product owners of Risk implications on their services and prioritize Risk efforts across a large Engineering org.
- Learn about new products and features across Square and proactively participate in their design processes to ensure Risk concerns are built in by design
- Create and assist with implementation of standard pre-launch Risk testing processes to confirm that product teams are aware of how Risk integrations can impact their services
- Evaluate, scope, and prioritize feature requests, including new integrations, new features for existing integrations, implementation of new machine learning signals, and tooling for risk operations teams
- Participate in quarterly and annual planning for our team and other Risk teams
- Understand privacy regulation and other industry standards outlined by GDPR, CCPA, and whatever else comes along
- A passion for Square and our customers with a deep understanding of our business
- A BA/BS
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management working at a technology based company
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Awareness of Risk and/or Compliance issues in financial processing
- Some familiarity with machine learning
- Experience designing test plans
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.