Senior Visual Designer
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
Much in the same way that Square revolutionized payments, we want to radically alter how employees get paid and businesses manage their finances. Our mission is to make running a business simple and personal by leveraging automation and a best in class user-experience. Our small, highly collaborative team has already built many foundational features and are now focused on innovating and experimenting beyond a traditional payroll product. We want to truly transform the lives of people that make their living through our platform. Were an integral and growing part of the Square ecosystem and are leveraging our position to build products and features that are beyond the capabilities of our competitors.
This is a high impact role and you will have the unique opportunity to define the strategic position and voice of a fast growing suite of products. Youll be directly responsible for decisions that heavily influence the business. On this team, you will have the opportunity and resources to move very quickly and put high impact work into production immediately, or leverage the resources of Squares central marketing team to plan and execute larger creative endeavors. Your duties will span interactive marketing, environmental work, product design direction, and design systems creation, amongst other duties. This will be a highly cross-functional role where you will be working closely with other designers, product editors, analysts and engineers.
The breadth of this role will span:
- Owning the design system and execution for a fast-growing set of Square customer
- Collaborating with Product Managers to develop and execute strategic growth initiative
- Collaborating with Engineers to deliver delightful, informative, and interactive marketing messaging
- Collaborating with the product designers to drive the intersection of product experience and brand
- Crafting the experience for all Square Payroll marketing channels
- Work on creative artifacts needed to engage customers and events and conferences
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience turning complex messaging into simple and engaging customer experiences.
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- The ability to communicate interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolutio
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Motion design skills
- Illustration skills
- 3D rendering skills
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, or applicable programming languages
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.