Square Payroll Product Sales Development Representative -(contract)
- St. Louis, MO, USA
We started with a simple idea—that everyone should be able to accept credit cards—and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since.
For sellers, we’re creating one cohesive service to run your entire business, from a register in your pocket to analytics on your laptop. For buyers, we’re making it faster to order from the businesses you love and more fun to pay your friends back.
Buying and selling sound like simple things—and they should be. Somewhere along the way, they got complicated. We’re working hard to make commerce easy for everyone.
Square Payroll is looking to hire a Sales Development Representative (Contract to Hire) to play an integral role in assisting our customers in starting or transitioning over to Square Payroll. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills to work with Square Payroll’s customers effectively on the phone and through email.
As a member of the Square Payroll Sales Development team, you’ll be the first point of contact for our customers and will be expected to quickly gain the technical expertise needed to establish a trusted relationship. In this role, you will be sitting with the Square Payroll Product team listening to the needs of the market and collaborating directly with Product and Marketing teams. You are quick on your feet, tenacious, and possess grit to overcome objections. You will become an expert in the products and services that enables merchants to thrive with the Square ecosystem.
• Communicate directly via email and phone (90% of the time) with Square Payroll customers interested in signing up for payroll or switching payroll provided
• Ensure a high level of customer service and professionalism when assisting customers
• Listen and share market insights with Product and Marketing teams
• Collaborate with the Square Payroll team to identify onboarding improvements in workflow and customer experience
• Stay up-to-date with new features/services, pricing plans and promotions
• Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
• Generate new opportunities and set up meetings or calls between prospective clients and Account Executives
• Bachelor’s degree
• Critical thinking and strong decision making abilities
• Comfort operating in a fast-paced and ever-changing dynamic environment
• An assertive, resilient and persuasive personality
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills & strong attention to detail
• Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM systems a plus
• Experience in sales, account management, or similar client-facing role
• Thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
• Coachability, interest in implementing feedback, and dedication to the consistent improvement of your craft
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.