UI Engineer, Caviar
- San Francisco, CA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
We are looking for talented User Interface Engineers to help make the Caviar website (trycaviar.com) the most intuitive food ordering experience. As a UI Engineer on the Caviar Diners team, you will be responsible for helping hungry diners find and order delicious food effortlessly. You will also be working closely with people across engineering, product, and design to help develop a diner experience that is reliable, fast, responsive, and beautiful.
- Work on and own large parts of Caviars growing web platform at trycaviar.com.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, marketing, and other front-end and back-end engineers.
- Build intuitive and engaging web experiences that are clean, pragmatic, and forward-thinking.
- Have a direct impact on delivery times, profit margins and diners both internal and external.
- Learn from and contribute to our community of world-class engineers in a balanced, supportive, and fun work environment.
- Make hungry people happy.
- A solid understanding of web standards and web performance.
- A solid understanding of how to write clean code with/without the assistance of pre-processors (e.g. Sass, Mustache/Slim) and libraries (e.g. jQuery, Lodash).
- Experience prototyping, designing, and implementing complex UIs.
- Experience with modern JS frameworks (e.g. React, Ember, Angular).
- Experience testing your code (e.g. QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, RSpec).
- An understanding of the principles of design, UI, and user experience.
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization.
And even better:
- The ability to straddle design, client-side, and server-side development, contributing to every aspect of the product experience.
- Experience in or desire to learn Rails and React.
- Experience with responsive web development.
- Experience with web accessibility.
- A real passion for great food!
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ruby, Rails
- ES6, Typescript, React, Ember, Sass, and other web app frameworks
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.