Software Engineer (Risk & Logistics), Caviar
- San Francisco, CA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
What this team does:
Restaurants use Caviar to keep their kitchens busy with new orders, and look to us to deliver these orders using our advanced logistics platform. Our Square-wide goal of economic empowerment keeps us focused on building exceptional apps that Restaurants and Couriers use to fulfill a basic human need, the opportunity to work effectively and make money doing so.
Our team builds the automated systems that allow us to run an at-scale software-driven business. As we continue to automate and empower our Diners, Restaurants and Couriers, so too must we build systems to ensure that fraudulent activity on our platform is kept to a minimum.
What you will be doing:
- Building tools, systems and product improvements that
- stop orders being placed with fraudulent payment methods.
- detect in progress orders showing fraudulent delivery patterns.
- stop fraudulent use of our Restaurant and Courier payout systems.
- Integrating and working with Square risk teams to fight fraud at a company-wide level.
- Creatively solve tough technical challenges, both algorithmic and architectural.
- Write concise code and sensible tests.
- Work closely with product managers to build the best product.
- Have the opportunity to explore and build features across the entire technical stack, from the database all the way to the clients.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and internal teams to understand customer needs.
- Get a balanced, supportive, fun working environment, and career path.
- Make hungry people happy.
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer
- Expertise in at least one object-oriented language, and associated web framework. Don't worry about which onewe'll train you in Ruby (and Rails).
- Prior experience fighting fraud would be great, even more so if it involved successfully applying machine learning.
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization.
Technologies we use and teach:
- AWS, Docker, ElasticSearch
- Postgres, MySQL, Redis
- Rails, RxJava, RxSwift, Ember.js, React, Sass
- Scikit-Learn, OSRM
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.