Front End Engineer, Dashboard Experience
- New York, NY, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square’s Dashboard Experience team works across team boundaries to improve Dashboard, our flagship merchant-facing web application that provides exceptional business and customer management tools. Millions of customers rely on Dashboard to run their business.
As a Front End Engineer on the team, you’ll be at the forefront of Square’s opportunity to grow on the web. Work includes:
- Building modern, well crafted UI patterns and components used by hundreds of engineers across Square and, by extension, our millions of merchants.
- Improve navigation, search, and other user-facing web experiences that combine intuitive interfaces with smooth performance at scale.
- Contribute to larger, cross-team front end projects throughout Square to provide the a cohesive, first class experience.
- Innate curiosity and desire to build products our merchants depend on.
Web technologies we use and teach:
- Ember JS
- Ruby on Rails
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.