Payment Partnerships & Product Operations Manager (Cash Card)
- San Francisco, CA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Cash App is the simplest way to pay people back. Friends, family, co-workers. Anyone really. Sending and receiving payments is totally free and instant. Save your cash in the app, or deposit it directly to your bank. You can even use the free, custom Cash Card to spend your money anywhere.
The Cash App Operations Team is responsible for building and managing a scalable operating environment for a fast growing mobile payment app with multiple, external partners and internal, cross-functional stakeholders. You will be responsible for delivering operational excellence in multiple areas including managing key external partners, driving operational projects, investigating operational issues, participating in cross functional initiatives for Cash and supporting product development through partner alignment.
- Own and optimize some of the partnerships associated with the subteam through detailed and proactive partner management, working with partners to define, iterate, stabilize and enable new initiatives and features.
- Identify and deliver on operational improvements to existing processes and design new processes to sub-linearly scale the Operations of an exponentially scaling product
- Establish yourself as the key Operations resource within a Cash App subteam. Collaborate with the subteam Product Manager who leads the product roadmap of the subteam.
- Perform transaction investigations, drive partner escalations / follow up and handle internal escalations from numerous cross functional partners.
- Influence the selection and on-boarding of new partnerships in concert with the strategic management function
- Collaborate with partners - both internal and external to improve points of failures, to resolve partner incidents, document processes, drive accountability and performance in line with contracts
- Manage partners through recurring reviews to ensure continuous improvement
- Collaborate across multiple internal partners including Engineering, Product, Design, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Risk
- Analyze multiple sources of data to inform business decision decision making and optimize Operations
- 5+ years of operations and/or partner management experience, preferably in a fast moving technology or financial services company
- Experience with developing and evolving processes to ensure scalability with a high volume product.
- Deep analytical skills that can drive the development of reporting, tools and other business processes to smooth operations and enable analysis of nascent industry movements
- An ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and interact across diverse roles including engineers, business partners and management
- Solid skills in SQL and a love of finding efficiencies and problem solving through data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communications skills that can skillfully articulate issues and insights
- Strong relationship building skills with leaders and technical teams to drive results
- Consistent ability to get things done through influence while building upon your network
- The ability to develop consensus and drive stakeholders to a decision
- Familiarity and/or experience in e-commerce, financial services or payments preferred, but not required
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.