UI Engineer, Caviar Diners
- San Francisco, CA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
We are looking for talented UI engineers to help build the Caviar website (trycaviar.com) and other web properties. As a UI engineer on the Caviar Diners team, you will be responsible for helping craft the future of our service from a front-end, design-driven perspective. You will also be working closely with people across engineering, product, and design to help develop a world-class experience for our diners that is reliable, fast, responsive, and beautiful.
- Work on and own large parts of Caviar’s growing web platform at trycaviar.com.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, marketing, and other front-end and back-end engineers.
- Build intuitive and engaging web experiences that are clean, pragmatic, and forward-thinking.
- Have a direct impact on delivery times, profit margins and diners – both internal and external.
- Learn from and contribute to our community of world-class engineers in a balanced, supportive, and fun work environment.
- Make hungry people happy.
- A solid understanding of web standards and web performance.
- A solid understanding of how to write clean code with/without the assistance of pre-processors (e.g. Sass/Less, HAML/Slim) and libraries (e.g. jQuery, Lodash).
- Experience prototyping, designing, and implementing complex UIs.
- Experience with modern JS frameworks (e.g. React, Ember, Angular).
- Experience testing your code (e.g. QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, RSpec).
- An understanding of the principles of design, UI, and user experience.
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization.
And even better:
- The ability to straddle design, client-side, and server-side development, contributing to every aspect of the product experience.
- Experience in or desire to learn Rails and React.
- Experience with responsive web development.
- Experience with web accessibility.
- A real passion for great food!
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ruby, Rails
- ES6, React, Ember, Sass, and other web app frameworks
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.