Network/Application Performance Engineer - TS/SCI w/CI Poly
- Reston, VA, USA
Spry Squared is a Minority and Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the United States of America. We are an experienced federal government and commercial service provider with security cleared personnel working on various projects across the USA and around the globe.
Spry Squared provides organizations with Best in Class Enterprise Solutions, Managed IT Services, Cybersecurity Solutions, IT Professional Services, Recruiting Services, Project/Program Management and technology products. We are your strategic partner and value-added reseller, solving complex business challenges by leveraging technology solutions that reduce costs, improve productivity and minimize risk.
Must be a US Citizen
MUST HAVE A MINIMUM SECURITY CLEARANCE OF TS/SCI w/CI Poly
As a Network Engineer, you will solve clients’ enterprise-wide network, application, and server capacity and performance issues. This position combines engineering disciplines with a business focus for delivering IT performance management solutions.
- Serve as an expert in cloud migration, WAN optimization, networking and application performance, and/or applications delivery
- Provide specialized planning and design expertise in data center consolidation and data migration, network configuration and analysis, application performance troubleshooting and/or optimization
- Analyze and understand customer’s IT organization, requirements and processes, and use this knowledge to assist in achieving full adoption and utilization of Client’s solutions to maximize ROI and business value
- Present and articulate advanced product features, benefits, and overall product solutions
- Produce solutions to fulfill customer needs within budget and schedule constraints
- Work directly with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders to achieve project goals
Technical Skills Desired:
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and network design, protocols, components and operations; multi-tier application architectures; and/or the internal workings of J2EE and .NET
- Strong knowledge of web application architecture and software including Web Servers (Apache, IIS), J2EE Application Servers (Websphere, Weblogic), Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2) and/or Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows)
- Installation and configuration experience with ESX, VMFS, storage sub-systems, cache architectures and windowing systems
- Experience with protocol analyzers, WireShark, NetFlow and/or packet analysis
- Knowledge of Python and/or other scripting languages (ruby, perl, RESTful APIs)
Must be a US Citizen
MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE / SCI w/ CI Poly
- Experience with Riverbed Tools (SteelHead, AppResponse, Profiler, NETIM, NetCollector, NetAuditor, Aternity)
- Experience with Splunk, Cisco, Juniper, Cryptos, Palo Alto, ArcSIGHT, and Nessus Vulnerability scanning and RMFBS/MS degree in a technical field, or equivalent military or career experience
- Minimum DOD 8140/ DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (examples include: A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Security+, Network+ CE, CISSP, CASP, or SSCP)
- SD-WAN experience preferred
- Experience in professional services, technical consulting, or network engineering/operations preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, drive IT projects forward in large organizations, and translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Self-motivated and capable of high performance under minimal supervision
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills
- Professionalism appropriate for working with Fortune 500 clients
- Passion for teamwork and contributing to a world-class Professional Services team which values excellence, execution, and integrity
- As a condition of employment, Spry Squared will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Spry Squared sites) we expect all employees to comply with these required safety protocols and employees will be required to show proof of vaccination or an approved accommodation.
- Government agencies and US Department of Defense (DoD) positions - In accordance with Executive Order 14042 &14043, Federal employees/contractors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to exceptions that may be required by law. Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors | The White House & Executive Order on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees | The White House
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.