Sr. Director of Sales Enablement - DS201801471
- Santa Clara, CA
Spry Squared, Inc. is where Marketing and Information Technology collides! Spry Squared is a multi-dimensional Marketing and IT Consulting firm founded in 1995 by Linda Tousley Spry Our managing partners have years of industry experience so that we understand and identify industry standards, innovations and trends that are essential to the success of your business. We’ll find the right consultant for your needs.
We are currently looking for an ambitious, passionate, and innovative Sr. Director of Sales Enablement to join our Go To Market Success Team. Under the direction of the Global VP of GTM Success, the Senior Director of Global Sales Enablement partners collaboratively with GTM Senior leadership, presales, partner managers, renewals, customer success, marketing, business development, sales, GTM
enablement team members, and vendor partners to develop and implement onboarding, continuous learning, content/sales messaging, processes/practices, and tools to support the customer journey for customers and partners.
A major focus for this role is on increasing velocity, win rates, deal size, and the overall sales productivity of our sales team. As the Head of Sales Enablement, you will help position a rockstar sales team for great success, and take DataStax to that next level!
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for the holistic hands-on development and delivery of best-in-class Global Training and Enablement frameworks, programs, content and communications tools and platforms for all roles within the Field GTM Teams:
- Update competency and skill certification matrices, by role, to ensure every role of our field team has appropriate levels of key-skill attributes to be successful in their roles. Based on the competency matrices, develop course curriculum and certification program designed to train, and certify, on each competency.
- Up level current on-boarding programs for all roles, and by role; and, simultaneously fold all technical roles (pre-sales, post-sales and partners) into a holistic on-boarding and continual-learning program.
- Develop continuous learning roadmaps for all job roles
- Manage field enablement tools, the sales portal, global sales calls, sales kickoff and overall sales communication strategy
- Build, implement, manage, track and report on all Field and Partner learning/training; including role-specific field trainings, face-to-face and virtual learning sessions, new hire onboarding workshops, ongoing skills development, internal process updates, etc.
- Manage Learning Management System and drive online, self-paced on-boarding and result-driven continual learning.
- Leverage Salesforce.com CRM infrastructure and other tools for delivering formal and informal/social learning
- Solid understanding of sales methodologies – Challenger Customer
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Leadership, Product Marketing, Product Management, Consulting Services, Field Leadership Team, HR and Field Operations to develop new and leverage existing content
- Lead the development of intuitive and effective Field (and Partner) portals; that aggregate a wide range of content from various sources into one place.
- Evolve frameworks and assessment tools for recruitment of critical WW sales roles and train managers in recruiting, assessing, ranking and rating their sales employees; help develop individual training and improvement plans to get the entire sales organization to the desired level of professionalism, success and productivity
- Manage a team charged with codification of Best Practices and Training Delivery Program Management and Execution
- Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in field development and enablement role
- Experience producing within a quota carrying role; understands the database market and technologies within, and the challenges faced by the field roles selling and servicing these technologies
- Experience planning, developing, and executing global sales kick-off event including collaboration with senior executives and field teams to drive our mantra of “built for the field, for the field”.
- Commanding executive presence in front of a room and over web conference; credible in front of a field team and executive audience
- Strong ability to build internal networks across Marketing, Product Marketing, and field.
- Formal knowledge and practical experience in social learning; with willingness to take on various field training and field support responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent consulting and collaboration skills; ability to understand business strategy and key purchasing drivers to create effective sales training
- Experience in successful implementation of learning management systems
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Exceptional presentation, communication and organizational skills
- Curious and Quick learner and ability to pick up new skills and self-train when necessary
- Demonstrable and recent experience in implementing new and effective processes, trainings and programs, with proven impact on success of Sales team.
- Recent experience in fast-growing global software or SaaS start-up company preferred
- Outstanding Technical Project/Product Management Capabilities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.