Working Student Data Warehouse and BI (m/w/d) - Berlin
- Berlin, Germany
Spotcap is a leading fintech company that offers digital lending technology to financial institutions around the world. Financial services are evolving at an unprecedented pace, and we have our sights set on transforming the industry with technology that makes finance fair, accessible and focused on the customer.
In pursuing our vision, our most important asset have been our people — the masterminds behind Spotcap. Based in Berlin, we are an international team of finance, engineering, marcom and business professionals from more than 25 countries.
If you share our passion for finance and technology, join our team of outstanding talent and play a part in shaping the industry's digital future.
Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
We are currently looking for a Working Student Data Warehouse and BI to join our young and dynamic Analytics team where they will help us successfully expand our growing business. Apart from that, our flat hierarchies allow you to broaden your perspective and while learning about other business areas at the same time.
In this role you will be…
- Designing, implementing, and optimising generic ETL jobs
- Integrating new sources and design, while also creating new data layers within the data warehouse environment
- Providing various internal stakeholders with the data & reporting necessary to drive our business strategies
- Networking across teams and establishing cross-functional relationships to acquire knowledge, root cause issues, and create cross-functional system solutions
- Handling urgent situations with confidence
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts
- Relocation support services
We are looking for a talented individual who shares our vision and passion for Analytics. If you believe data should go beyond reporting and rather, be an integral part of the product itself, you might just be the person we are looking for.
Our ideal candidate has...
- A solid grasp of RDBMS as well as ETL concepts
- Solid knowledge of SQL programming and is able to understand index design and SQL performance tuning techniques
- The ability to monitor databases and ETL jobs and has experience in at least one ETL tool, e.g Talend and Redshift (knowledge relating to index design and excel adapters would be a big plus)
- Experience with self-service BI tools, and knowledge of Power BI such as tableau would be highly valued
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- The ability to stay up-to-date with rapidly changing technologies and the ability to apply it to business needs
- A data driven approach to their work, the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Previous experience in Fintech or Financial industry a plus
- Strong English skills complete your profile